Montana Food Bank Network develops community partnerships with hunger relief organizations throughout Montana. The goal of these partnerships is to further both the mission of MFBN and those of its Partners.
To become a Partner Agency of Montana Food Bank Network an organization must meet the following requirements:
- Be a nonprofit classified by the IRS as tax-exempt under section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code or affiliated with another tax-exempt nonprofit. If you are operating under another organization’s 501(c)3, you must have a letter of agreement from that organization agreeing to both fiscal and legal responsibility of the affiliation.
- Be an established food distribution center that provides food boxes or meals to the community at large, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, or any group membership.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and comply with all local Health Department standards.
- Be self-supporting and able to provide your own food, money, and staff. MFBN is a supplemental food source and you will likely need other local food sources.
- Keep accurate records and submit monthly reports to MFBN.
To request partnership materials or more information on being a Partner Agency, contact Montana Food Bank Network Chief Programs Officer, Jeff Gutierrez at 406-215-1775