September is National Hunger Action Month.
Join Montana Food Bank Network and food banks across the nation – in partnership with Feeding America – by raising awareness about hunger during Hunger Action Month. There are many ways you can get involved.
Take Action to Help Solve Hunger
Go Orange For Hunger on September 4: Help Feeding America kick off a month-long effort to turn the nation orange in support of hunger relief! We are encouraging everyone to play a role and show your support by wearing orange on September 4. Take photos of you going orange for hunger and share them with Montana Food Bank Network on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram.
Use the hashtags: #HungerAction #EndHungerMT #GoOrange
Take the SNAP Challenge and live on just $4.50 a day. Get a sense of what life is like for those struggling to put food on the table by shopping for your meals with the daily average per person benefit provided by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as Food Stamps).
Donate Non Perishable Food Items
- Drop off your donation at: 5625 Expressway Missoula, MT or any local food bank, shelter or pantry!
Advocate for Hunger Relief Programs
- Write your legislators about the problem of hunger and the importance of programs that address hunger.
- Write a Letter to the Editor about hunger and submit it to your local newspaper
Make a Financial Contribution, visit mfbn.org/donate
Volunteer at a Food Bank, to volunteer at MFBN contact our Volunteer Coordinator Katie Lane
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 406.721.3825 ext. 252
30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar: Hunger Action Month