Working with our network partners, Family Service Inc, Gallatin Valley Food Bank, Livingston Food Resource Center, Gardiner Food Pantry, and Feeding America, MFBN flood relief provided:
- 1 full semi-load of bottled water to be distributed in communities whose drinking water systems were compromised – 20,000 pounds;
- 1 full semi load of fresh produce (assorted vegetables) for pantries and families who experienced losses due to power outages – 40,000 lbs;
- 1/2 truckload fresh watermelons – 20,000 lbs;
- 1/2 truckload of mixed produce boxes – 20,000 lbs;
- Communities and pantries receiving aid – Billings, Red Lodge, Bridger, Belfry, Edgar, Fromberg, Absarokee, Nye, West Yellowstone, Livingston and Gardiner;
- Types of food provided to evacuation shelters and to restock food pantries – fresh fruit and produce, bananas, watermelon, prepacked non-perishable meal kits, snacks, soup, canned soup, peanut butter, canned beans, spaghetti, tomato sauce, canned tuna fish, rice and pasta. (7,000 lbs.); and
- Just over 100,000 lbs. of food and water.
MFBN is here to help you find free food resources in your area. If you have been affected by Montana’s recent flooding disaster – please reach out. We are here for you!
MFBN’s resource map of network partners across Montana: https://mfbn.org/get-help/
For more information, please call (406) 721-3825 from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. We are closed on major holidays but you can email us anytime at [email protected] and someone will assist you right away!