- Have questions about your family’s P-EBT case? Email [email protected]
- Need general information about what P-EBT is and who is eligible? Call MFBN at 406-239-6475.
What is P-EBT?
P-EBT provides nutrition benefits to families who lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to reduced school days or closures during the COVID-19 pandemic. Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) administers P-EBT.
- When will benefits be distributed?
- Households determined to be eligible after June 30, 2022 can expect to receive their Summer P-EBT benefits in December 2022.
- Households determined to be eligible before June 30, 2022 received their Summer P-EBT benefits in September 2022.
- Who is eligible for Summer 2022 P-EBT? (Must fall into one of the following categories:)
- Children who were enrolled in free or reduced-price school meals during the last month of the school year AND were enrolled in school during the last month of the school year
- Children who were determined newly eligible for free or reduced-price school meals during the covered summer period (had to submit application to school by August 29) are eligible for the summer P-EBT benefit.
- Children who were under age 6 as of August 1, 2021 AND who receive SNAP during at least one month June 2022 – August 2022
- How much Summer P-EBT benefits will families receive?
- Families who are determined to have eligible children will receive $391 per eligible child for the entire summer.
- How will benefits be distributed?
- All families of eligible school-aged children will receive a new EBT card in the mail, containing their benefits, by the end of September.
- For families of children under 6:
- Families that receive SNAP benefits currently, will have Summer P-EBT benefits added to their existing SNAP EBT card.
- Families that do not receive current SNAP benefits will receive a Summer P-EBT card in the mail.
2021-2022 School Year
Eligible children under age 6 received P-EBT benefits for the 2021-2022 school year.
This round of P-EBT was available to children under age 6 who participated in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) from September 2021 to May 2022. Please note that this is more limited eligibility compared to the 2020-2021 school year.
Children Under 6
Children were eligible for 2021-2022 school year P-EBT benefits if:
- They were enrolled in SNAP during some month(s) from September 2021 – May 2022, AND
- They were under age 6 as of August 1, 2021.
Fall semester benefits: Each family received $35 per month for each month that their child was eligible between September 2021 and December 2021. Eligible households received these benefits in July.
Spring semester benefits: Eligible households received benefits for January 2022 – May 2022 in August.
To ask questions about your P-EBT benefits, contact DPHHS at [email protected] or 1-888-706-1535.
School Age Children
School aged children were not eligible for P-EBT benefits for the 2021-2022 school year time period.
Montana previously issued P-EBT for these time periods: spring 2020, 2020-21 school year, and summer 2021. These rounds are now closed. See above for information on current issuances: school year 2021-22 and summer 2022.