Seanna was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii after her family relocated from Browning, MT. In 2016, she moved to Montana from Washington, D.C., leaving behind the big city for a calmer life near nature. While in our Nation’s capital, she carried out her passion for public policy at a non-profit for Native American children, a tribal lobbying firm, and a congressional office in the House of Representatives. She is excited to continue her public policy work for vital nutrition programs that improve the well being of Montanans. Seeing the MFBN warehouse each day inspires her, because it shows how abstract policy is put into action.
A little about Seanna. . .
- Seanna is Native Hawaiian and a descendant of the Blackfeet Nation
- As an avid fan of the NBA’s Washington Wizards, she watches every one of their games even though she now lives in Montana
- She enjoys learning about new cultures, which has led her to volunteer in low-income areas of Costa Rica and to study Pacific politics in New Zealand
- In New Zealand, Seanna got to bungee jump at the second highest location in the world (at the time), with 8 seconds free fall. Although she will never bungee jump again, she is saving up for skydiving
- When marriage equality was legalized across the nation, she was standing outside of the U.S. Supreme Court