Mike Wilkerson began volunteering at the Montana Food Bank Network in October … More
- Hunger in the America looks different today. National Geographic explains "The N... July 24, 2014Hunger in the America looks different today. National Geographic explains "The New Face of Hunger"The New Face of Hungerwww.nationalgeographic.comWhy are people malnourished in the richest country on Earth?
- Maddy, age 5…ahem, excuse me, age 5 ½ , played guitar on a local path for spare... July 23, 2014Maddy, age 5…ahem, excuse me, age 5 ½ , played guitar on a local path for spare change and then donated her earnings to the Montana Food Bank Network. Because of her talent and efforts, we are able to buy 69 meals! Thank you Maddy, for showing us that there are many ways you can fight hunger.
- The children attending Vacation Bible School at Holy Spirit Episcopal Church - M... July 22, 2014The children attending Vacation Bible School at Holy Spirit Episcopal Church - Missoula, MT stopped by to volunteer in the MFBN warehouse today. The kids packed 21 food boxes and over 1,000 pounds of bread in one hour! That must be some sort of record. Thank you, kids (and the grown-ups that helped them)!
- Let’s strike out hunger in Montana! Thanks to Missoula Osprey, the Montana Food... July 21, 2014Let’s strike out hunger in Montana! Thanks to Missoula Osprey, the Montana Food Bank Network has $10 ticket vouchers that are for reserved seat admission to the July 31st game. For each $10 ticket voucher sold, a $5 donation goes to the Montana Food Bank Network. Help us step up to the plate, if we sell 100 tickets- it will provide enough food for 1,500 meal
- Untitled July 18, 2014
- Untitled July 18, 2014
- A huge thank you to our AmeriCorps VISTA - Volunteers In Service To America, Eri... July 17, 2014A huge thank you to our AmeriCorps VISTA - Volunteers In Service To America, Erin Carlstrom. Erin spent her year of service recruiting Summer Food sponsors in underserved areas in Montana. Erin worked with schools to expand their breakfast programs, update and maintain a variety of program data and outreach materials, and bring increased attention to the iss
- Untitled July 15, 2014Timeline PhotosProof your generosity matters. This artwork was created by a child participating in the BackPack Meals Program as her response to the Question: How does getting a BackPack Meal make you feel? during the annual BackPack Meal Program Survey.
- Dennis@KPAX reports on our new Mobile Food Pantry. The Chuck Wagon will begin d... July 14, 2014Dennis@KPAX reports on our new Mobile Food Pantry. The Chuck Wagon will begin delivering food boxes to people living in areas 50 miles or farther from the nearest grocery store later this summer. In Montana, nearly 72,000 individuals live in areas considered food deserts and have limited access to a grocery store or supermarket, making access to fresh, affor
- Introducing...the Chuck Wagon, our new Mobile Food Pantry! Our longtime friends... July 11, 2014Introducing...the Chuck Wagon, our new Mobile Food Pantry! Our longtime friends Northwest Farm Credit Services and CoBank generously donated $90,000 to the Montana Food Bank Network (MFBN) for a new refrigerated mobile food pantry truck. The Mobile Food Pantry will allow MFBN to provide emergency food assistance and services to hungry children, families and